YuWaah (Generation Unlimited India) in India has announced that Ashwin Yardi, CEO of Capgemini in India, comes on board to be the co-chair of YuWaah, effective immediately along with Yasumasa Kimura, UNICEF Representative a.i who is the co-chair of YuWaah.
“YuWaah’s work to improve skilling, community development and economic opportunity for young people is truly one of the enduring legacies of the last two plus years. I look forward to working as a co-chair and founding partner with the board and bringing in Capgemini’s support as a partner to connect young people with opportunities at scale,” said Ashwin Yardi, CEO of Capgemini in India.
The YuWaah Board would now function as a decision-making body and consist primarily of founding partners and board members who would be committing time and resources to support the YuWaah Secretariat for funding and functional expertise. They will play a key role to influence strategy and execution of YuWaah over a longer period as well as actively craft shared-value partnership with Governments & Private Sectors to truly build a collaborative platform.
UNICEF Representative a.i Yasumasa Kimura said, “YuWaah has set an ambitious target to enrol 300 young people as change makers. Meeting this goal will require bold strategies and swift actions. The new Board of YuWaah will help make the necessary tools and support available to youth in India, especially those most marginalized, and enable them to successfully navigate the 21st century demands.”
YuWaah’s current Board comprises of –
Board Members and Founding Partners
· Amit Agarwal, SVP India and Emerging Markets, Amazon,
· Andrea M. Wojnar, UNFPA India Representative and Bhutan Country Director
· Manjula Singh, Director Programmes, CIFF
· Dr. Balasubramanian, Founder (SVYM)
· Geeta Goel, Managing Director, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
· Madan Padakai, Founder & CEO, 1 Bridge Member
· Kevin Frey, CEO, Generation Unlimited, Global
· Kopal Gupta, YPAT Representative
· Richa Gupta, YPAT Representative
Co -Chaired by:
· Ashwin Yardi, CEO, Capgemini India
· Yasumasa Kimura, UNICEF Representative a.i
A special shout out to the outgoing and incoming YPAT (Young People Action team) members who keep us deeply connected to young people in their communities and remind us that NOW is the time to support and co-create with young people. Four of the YPAT members join the board every year, to ensure that there is strong representation of their community. Two of the members serve as active board members and the other two act as observers.