L&T Technology Services Limited (BSE: 540115, NSE: LTTS), a leading global engineering services company, announced that its COVID isolation centre set-up in Mysuru is fully operational and available to take care of employees and their families who exhibit mild symptoms or are suspected to be COVID-19 positive.
Labelled as LTTS Isolation Centre, the facility is equipped to provide essential care facilities while operating under the purview and guidelines set by GoI, ICMR and WHO. Allied Core Healthcare Services are the partners for the initiative. The initiative includes services such as 24×7 Ambulance Service, 24×7 nursing, doctor & paramedic support and OPD for confirmed asymptomatic patients.
For the benefit of COVID impacted patients, the centre will have the following approach:
- COVID-positive patients with mild symptoms will be treated medically as in-patient as per COVID protocols.
- The RT-PCR test will be offered for COVID suspect cases in the isolation centre
- Rapid test can be offered for COVID suspected cases in the Isolation Centre during the treatment. Cost will be borne by the company.
- HRCT – Chest/Thorax test and other diagnostic tests will be organized in nearby hospitals /laboratories. Cost will be borne by the company.
- A 24/7 Ambulance pick-up would be provided within a distance of 8~10KM from isolation centre considering logistics at the centre, for those in dire need.
- The centre will stock oxygen cylinders and O2 concentrators for use in centre
- The isolation centre will stock all equipment and consumables.
- Bio-Medical waste is managed & disposed as per state pollution control norms along with authorized agency.
- Housekeeping of COVID centres will be managed in-line with COVID norms.
- Food provided will be healthy and nutritious with proper protein content.
- Pharmacy deployment viz. medicines, consumables, medical aid, etc, will be provided for
- The isolation centre will help co-ordinate with specialist doctors or hospitals for admission to the best of their efforts based on the availability.
The facility is equipped with 20 beds and 5 doctors on rotation as well as support staff round the clock on duty.
M Lakshmanan, Chief Human Resources Officer, L&T Technology Services said, “The safety and well-being of our employees is our utmost priority, as we navigate the ongoing second wave. During times such as this, when both misinformation and lack of readily available medical facilities are impacting many, the LTTS isolation centre is aimed to offer primary care and safe confinement for employees and their families. LTTS will continue to work with and support healthcare workers and all corona warriors at the forefront of this battle. We are hopeful that as a community we come out of this phase at the earliest.”
LTTS has also opened a similar facility in Bangalore in conjunction with L&T group companies.