- Jasprit Bumrah re-joins team India in Colombo ahead of much-anticipated clash
- Jasprit Bumrah took a brief break for the birth of his first child, Angad Jasprit Bumrah
- Bumrah had missed out on India’s second group stage game against Nepal to attend the birth of his first child.
- Bumrah has yet to bowl in a One-Day game since returning to international cricket.
- With less than a month to go for the World Cup, all eyes will be on Bumrah if and when he walks out to bowl against Pakistan on Sunday.
- Reports suggested that there is a 90% chance of rainfall in India’s scheduled clash against Pakistan, which could force both teams to share points.
Team India will be facing arch-rivals Pakistan on Sunday, September 10 in the ongoing Super Four round of Asia Cup. Bumrah had missed out on India’s second group stage game against Nepal to attend the birth of his first child.
Team India has received a massive boost ahead of the much-anticipated clash against Pakistan. Their premier pacer Jasprit Bumrah has rejoined the squad in Colombo after missing the Nepal encounter to attend the birth of his first child. He returned to India as soon as the game against Pakistan ended last weekend and soon posted the news on social media while also revealing the name of the baby boy as Angad.
The cricketer arrived in Colombo early on Friday and will join the team for the practice session in the evening. Meanwhile, the rain has forced India to train indoors only so far and the forecast suggests more rain in the evening on Friday as well. For Bumrah, he is yet to bowl in a One-Day game since returning to international cricket. He batted against Pakistan last week but rain played spoilsport and India’s bowling innings never started. Nepal made the Indian bowler toil hard a couple of days later but Bumrah missed that game.
With less than a month to go for the World Cup, all eyes will be on Bumrah if and when he walks out to bowl against Pakistan on Sunday. The weather forecast is not at all promising on September 10 either even though it was clear on Friday since morning. A lot is being said about the matches being scheduled in Colombo despite the rain forecast and there is every chance of matches getting washed out for the rest of the tournament.
According to reports, the chances of an outdoor session for India look grim, considering the wet conditions in Colombo. In all likelihood, Bumrah’s much-awaited return will have to wait a day before the clash. The same reports also suggested that there is a 90% chance of rainfall in India’s scheduled clash against Pakistan, which could force both teams to share points. While it wouldn’t affect Pakistan too much, considering they already have a win under their kitty, it can possibly put India in a spot of bother.
Barring the first clash of the Super Four, which was in Pakistan, all the other games have been scheduled to be played in Colombo, with the city expected to receive heavy rainfall.
India probable playing XI for Pakistan game: Rohit Sharma (C), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Ishan Kishan (WK), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur/Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav.
(With inputs from agencies)