In the continuing quest for developing indigenous solutions to combat the Corona Virus Pandemic, DRDO is ready with technologies for sanitizing areas of different sizes. The Centre for Fire Explosive & Environment Safety (CFEES), Delhi has developed two configurations of sanitizing equipment. These are spinoffs from technologies developed for fire suppression applications.
Portable Backpack Area Sanitization Equipment :
1. CFEES, Delhi with the help of its industry partner has developed a portable sanitization equipment for spraying decontamination solution consisting of 1% Hypochlorite (HYPO) solution for sanitization of suspected area.
2. The portable system can be mounted as a backpack and carried by the operations personnel.
3. This system incorporates low pressure twin fluid (air & disinfectant liquid) technology to generate very fine mist. The system is capable of disinfecting an area upto 300 m2 .
4. The application areas can include hospital reception, doctor chambers, office spaces dealing with general public,
corridors, pathways, stations etc. metro and railway stations, bus Trolley Mounted Large Area Sanitization Equipment
1. CFEES, Delhi with the help of its industry partner has also developed a higher capacity which is carried on a trolley.
2. This system incorporates low pressure single fluid (disinfectant liquid) technology generating very fine mist. The system is capable of disinfecting an area upto 3000 m2 .
3. It has a tank capacity of 50 Litres and has a lancing (throw) distance of 12-15m.
4. This is useful for disinfecting hospitals, malls, airports, metro stations, isolation areas, quarantine centers and high risk residential areas.
• Two numbers of these systems are being provided to Delhi Police for immediate use.
• These can be made available to other agencies with the help of industry partners.